Canadians buying the iphone 3g! (Fido or Rogers)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drakeshipway, Jul 6, 2008.

1. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

I have a bunch of Rogers stores around, and some Fido. I would prefer to buy the iPhone through Fido, due to the Fido reward system. But Im thinking I'd rather go to the Apple store, which is about 15-30 mins away, (but rembering that the stores open at 8am? (we think) there should be work traffic heading into Toronto) And seen as there are only 3 Apple stores in the GTA.. What do you think I should do? Hit up Apple, or Fido?

Ps. Apple will have more in stock, Correct? and iPhones from the Apple store come in an iPhone bag, Correct? (not that the bag matters, but it'd be nice lol:p

pce :apple:

2. FCDP macrumors regular

Unless you can use your Fido Dollars at the Apple store, then you should go to a Fido Store. No reason not using the rewards program....

Plus, most Apple Store locations have Rogers and Fido locations as well...

3. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

true true, I think the rewards is an online thing so as long as my plan is through Fido I should be able to use them i think. But I'll have to check with Apple or Fido.

Thanks, pce :apple:

4. DJTJ macrumors regular

Are the apple stores going to have them on launch day?

5. JonnyV macrumors newbie

6. abz786 macrumors 6502

if he were to buy it from the apple store
    what price would u get it at??
    the subsidized prices???

7. Pandora01 macrumors regular

I was wondering that too, what with the mandatory in-store activation... they can't do that at Apple, can they?

8. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

9. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

Doesn't really matter, there should be tons of iPhones. I don't think it's going to sell to well in Canada with Rogers, a lot of people hate Rogers and the plans suck.

10. Echinda macrumors regular

Do the rest of us a favour and hold off on buying it, even if only for a few days from launch. If their iPhone launch day is a flop, we may see them react by changing their fees.

11. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

do you guys think that if they changed their fees, and we bought one on launch day, would we still be stuck paying the original outrageous prices?

12. igglepuff macrumors regular

plans are usually grandfathered. However, in this case I think it would be reflected on your next bill at the new price. If not, you can always call and they would change it for you w/o question.

13. Fabreze macrumors member

Canadians buying the iphone 3g! (Fido or Rogers)

Are you guys going Fido or Rogers? I know Rogers is a bigger name, but Fido has per second billing.

14. Xplicit macrumors member

Dude, ROGERS BOUGHT FIDO

so there are only small differences Per Second Billing and 7pm evening everyting else is the same,

I already told u :) numerous times

15. Fabreze macrumors member

i know i know, BUT!

it seems that there are more reasons to go to Fido, yet everyone only talks about Rogers! :)

16. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

I'd suggest Fido over Rogers, look at this,

You’ll never pay a full minute for a 12-second call.
    Unlike other national wireless service providers, we have per-second billing on all our monthly plans.

You’ll find every day is rewarding.
    Earn FidoDollars™ and redeem them at any time to buy wireless stuff you really want like new phones, must-have accessories, and prepaid airtime, or use them to try certain services.

Your evenings start early and last well into the next morning.
    With Fido, evenings start at 7 p.m., not 9 p.m., and run right through to 8 a.m. the next morning.

You can change your plan without charge.
    Because your needs can change any time, we let you change most of your monthly plan any time.

You’ll love your phone.
    With Fido's huge selection of dependable phones, you're sure to find one that’s right for you.

You’ll enjoy worry-free coverage from coast to coast.
    Fido gives you access to a huge wireless network that covers 94% of the Canadian population.

You can take your Fidoin over200 countries and areas.
    Keep your phone. Keep your number. Make and receive calls just about anywhere on the planet. Bon voyage.

You won’t get the runaround from our customer service.
    At Fido, we're always looking for ways to answer your calls faster. We received the J.D. Power and Associates award for “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Contract Wireless Service” in Canada.

Also, fido has the best customer service in canada.

17. ins0mniaque macrumors newbie

Has noone read this ? (See the July 9 news release)

6GB for 30$ where you can add any voice plan is not that outrageous anymore...

18. slicecom macrumors 68020

If I wasn't already with Rogers and getting a discount on the iPhone because of it, I'd switch to Fido in a heartbeat. Anyone who is switching from another phone company to Rogers is absolutely mad, especially when you can get a slightly better deal and MUCH better customer service from Fido.

19. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

Apple stores in Canada are not selling the iPhone, people. You must go to Rogers/Fido.