Canadians with iPad purchased in US and Canadian iTunes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by naftalim, May 10, 2010.

1. naftalim macrumors 6502

Like to have a thread where those of us who purchased the iPad prior to launch in Canada can discuss how to transfer everything back to the Canadian iTunes account. I created a fictitious US iTunes Account in order to buy the iPad in the US. I bought some iTunes Gift Cards when I was there and had my niece in the US email me iTunes gift cards when I ran out.

However, once the iPad is available in Canada, I would like to have it connected to my Canadian iTunes account. Its just easier as my credit card is attached to it.

Will I have to reset the iPad to factory settings in order to connect to the Canadian iTunes? Will I lose the apps I purchased in the US Store?

2. Geoffrois macrumors newbie

Well one thing you can do is enable homesharing in iTunes which will allow you to transfer apps from more than 1 account to your iPad. That's what I do right now, though in my case I only purchased apps using my Canadian account and use the US account for free apps and access to the app store on the iPad.

One relatively small problem you might have though is that I don't think you can update apps from the device if you're not connected to its original iTunes account, so you might have to do some juggling around of iTunes account or update the apps from your desktop computer. That's only a minor inconvenience though.