Cancel apple.com order at store tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lmatthew9, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Lmatthew9 macrumors newbie

Will you be able to go to the store in hopes of getting one at upgrade pricing if you preordered on apple.com and have them cancel it their and use your upgrade if they still have stock?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I was told by an apple rep that it can take 24 hours after cancel order to show your upgrade eligibility.

3. Lmatthew9 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SeanMcC macrumors regular

It depends on the status of your Apple order. I tried the same thing and was unsuccessful. My order is in the "Preparing for Shipment" stage and cannot be canceled, even though it has not been shipped and will not arrive until October 5th. It's annoying because the local Verizon store has iPhone 5's in stock just waiting to be bought.

When you log into the Apple website and view your order status, if the Cancel option is there, you should be good to go.

5. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

Same thing happened to me..and I was at the store with a phone in hand. I went home with nothing. I think they pulled that stunt on purpose to screw anyone who wanted to just go to the store instead of waiting for their 'pre-order' to ship. My shipping status had not changed at all from the time the order went through til today.

6. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Same story here. My order status changed early this morning and my credit card was charged. Just in time so I couldn't cancel.