cancel verizon account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foxnews1, Oct 1, 2012.

1. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

since verizon is more expensive than AT&T 450 minutes family plan (unlimited data) that I still have, I want to cancel and return the ip5 which I bought at apple store.

how does this closing account process work? do I do it at apple store? or I have to call Verizon?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I just did the same thing today. Just return the iPhone 5 to the Apple store. Your Verizon account will automatically be closed. The Apple rep received an alert from Verizon during my return stating that the return would close the account.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I went into Verizon and 'downgraded' to the 2GB/250 texts/300 minutes plan and saved $25.
    This coupled with my Government discount brings my bill lower than AT&T (admittedly, I did have 3GB with AT&T but doubt I'll even come close to needing that as I haven't in the past.)

I hated to leave AT&T, but Verizon's LTE along with having exactly the iP5 I wanted made the switch a bit more comfortable.

Having been with Verizon now for ten days I do notice a bit stronger reception (north San Diego) and never a dropped call. Lightening speeds too! No complaints now that I've also lowered the bill a bit.

4. foxnews1 thread starter macrumors 6502

how do you downgrade? can they do that?

----------

do they charge you activation fee and a week of usage?

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I'm sure the few days I've had the account open (with unlimited and the share everything plan) I will be prorated and charged accordingly, just nice to know my bill will now be lower and really I'm not giving up anything.

I've never gone over 300 minutes and I can easily fit my texting into 250 per month without too much hassle.

I rarely have ever gone past 1GB so 2GB should be perfect.