Canceling service nightmare, no wonder people want out of ATT!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by themagicman00, Jul 15, 2008.

1. themagicman00 macrumors member

nfo for ya'll to know. I wanted to cancel the service with ATT, cause they plain and simple suck, plus they charge you for 3G service when half of the time, I do not get it. So I call to cancel the data plan initially, then they kept telling me I couldn't cancel the data plan, I said better yet, cancel my service altogether. The CSR said, that I couldn't....that I needed to cancel the service at the apple store, I said OK!!! I returned an iPhone yesterday at the original Apple store where I bought it. Today I called ATT and the phone was still active, I ask why was the line active if I returned the phone yesterday? So they sent me back to the Apple store, Apple's manager said that they only process returns and not contract cancelations. Then I call ATT again.....they sent me to apple again, what I did was, took the manager from Apple to the ATT store and call ATT CS (611). I had all parties there and no one was able to figure out what I had to do (receipt in hand, purchase and return receipts from apple). Finally the manager call God and he said "cancel his service, the phone is with Apple"!!! I'm serious, but he called I don't know who and was able to canx the service. 100% Nightmare!!!!

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

I haven't read anyone else saying they "want out of AT&T"... And, AT&T doesn't charge extra for 3G service at all.

4. themagicman00 thread starter macrumors member

ATT does charge $30 for data plans. Of course, if they are going to charge customers, the New and Improve ATT company, needs to make sure all areas of the country are covered by 3G towers, if not, they should at least give you the offer to cancel the 3G data plan.......oh, I forgot, wasn't the entire reason for upgrading to a 3G phone.....3G???
    Nothing personal, I love Apple!