Cancelled iPhone 5 16gb order for a 32gb - will I get it sooner?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hardax, Oct 18, 2012.

1. hardax macrumors regular

Need the phone by October 27th as I am going out of town the following week.

Ordered 2 16gb blacks on October 7th. As of today the order was still in process with a ship date of 11/2.

Seeing that the 32 (and 64's) seem to be shipping faster and have a 10/26 ship date, I took the risk and cancelled my 16gb orders just now and order the 32's.

Do you think I made a mistake throwing away the 2 weeks I have already been waiting just to start over from scratch?

2. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I would do an online pickup reservation at an Apple Store. Stock updates each night at 10pm local time. I've been able to snag two different phones in the last week that way. One 16GB Black AT&T for my niece, and a 64GB Black AT&T for myself. May take a few tries and a couple days to find it in stock (they don't get shipments every day), but that would certainly be the fastest way to do it if you need it before you leave.

Just remember, you have to be online a few minutes before 10pm, have the item in your cart, and have the In Store Pickup option ready to go, as they sell out in minutes once they update at 10pm.

3. blerns3 macrumors 6502

Black 32's seem to still be taking 1 and a half to two weeks so yes, I think you made a mistake. If you would have got a white 32 that would be different, they're shipping in about 5 business days. If you really wanted a guarantee though, should've gone with a black 64. Most are shipping same to next business day. I understand from a money standpoint though.

I agree with the poster above, go with the reservation system.

4. hardax thread starter macrumors regular

I hear you but I am not the account owner (although I am an authorized manager via Verizons website). That is one of the reasons I wanted the phones by the 27th. The account owner is out of town right now and is coming home that weekend but is leaving again the following Monday. Was hoping he could leave with the new phone in hand. Would I have a problem picking up the phone at an Apple store via the reservation system but not being the account owner?