Cancelled order now shipping??? WHAT?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cello2456, Sep 29, 2012.

1. cello2456 macrumors regular

Ordered an iPhone 5 through AT&T Premier on 9/16 with a 2-3 week ship date.

Cancelled the Premier order last Saturday. Got the order cancelled email.

Bought an on contract discounted phone from Apple.

Just received two emails from Premier:
    1) Confirming that my recent order had been cancelled.
    2) Telling me that my recent order had been shipped and would be here 10/1.

WHAT??? :confused: Of course the Premier support site is closed until Monday.

Clicked on the Fed Ex link, and there really is a phone on its way to me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can I return the phone to AT&T and have them activate it on my husbands line? He was on the fence, but if I have a phone in hand he will take it.

AT&T really needs to get their act together! The right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing? I just don't want to get stuck with a full price phone.

2. cello2456 thread starter macrumors regular

Seriously? I am the ONLY person this has happened to?
    Great. :mad:
    Sounds like I will definitely need a manager at AT&T!

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Are you really getting ticked off because none of us can give you an official AT&T answer?

Quit panicking. You have the right to return a new phone and get your money back... so even if they did charge you, you'd be able to return it.

4. cello2456 thread starter macrumors regular

Kelly? Is that you?
    Are you a Greyhound person?

Not panicing, just a little annoyed since I made two calls to make sure that this was truly cancelled.

5. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Why?

Just call in during normal business hours and they should be able to handle. Actually, I am in a similar situation. Gave up on no processing, and bought one at Apple store. Once the unit ACTUALLY arrives, I will call in to handle the return.

7. Swannyy macrumors newbie

just refuse the shipment when the FedEx person comes, it will go back to the correct place

8. Juicy111 macrumors member

Im not sure because It didnt ( actually it almost did ) happen to me, but one of 3 will happen

1: AT&T will ask for the phone back, if not, will charge the unsubsidized price ( 650 - 850$ )
    2: AT&T might add it to another line on a 2 year contront
    3: They might not find out ( which im 95% sure they would )

So technically the phone is not yours.

9. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

10. cello2456 thread starter macrumors regular

Of course the phone is not mine to keep! Gosh, I never, ever expected to keep it or tried to scam AT&T.

I am really not comfortable with refusing delivery. What if it was a disreputable Fed Ex person? I guess that I will accept the delivery, then take the phone to AT&T and see if I can switch it to my husbands line, or else just return it with a receipt.

11. Juicy111 macrumors member

If you would want to switch the phone to your husbands line he would have to pay the upgrade fee for it otherwise they will take it back. Like I said, you can just switch it to his line its not yours to keep. They send it by accident.

12. cello2456 thread starter macrumors regular

Will you quit saying "It is not yours to keep." You are making sound like I am trying to steal something! That is 100% NOT the case! I just want to return it to AT&T so I don't get charged for it, or have it switched to my husbands line and pay the upgrade $199 + the $36 activation fee. I have no need or desire for two iphones.

13. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

OP, have you been charged for both devices? Not pending charges. Charges that fully been posted to your credit card.

14. cello2456 thread starter macrumors regular

I have been charged the $199 plus tax for the phone I bought at Apple.

I have had a 'pending' charge for the original order through Premier that has since fallen off. There has been no 'real' charge for this phone yet. I would assume that they will charge once it has been delivered.

I will be calling Premier first thing in the morning, and hopefully I can get this straightened out and have the phone switched to my husband, and then charged and activated and upgrade used on his phone line. We have a family plan and were both due for upgrades.

15. Juicy111 macrumors member

I was just reading it wrong.

I'm pretty sure as long as you explained it to them they would let you. Most likely would be confused lol

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Haha what happened here man? You seem like you're losing your ****. Just return the phone if it shows up.