Candace Owens TORCHES the Democratic Party in Front of House Judiciary Committee

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bambooshots, Apr 9, 2019.

1. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

You do know Candace Owens gets clowned regularly on Twitter, because she's so desperate for attention. She comes for other more famous people and it NEVER ends well. Her last attempt was at AOC, that ended so badly. AOC never got a chance to respond because the rest of Twitter clowned her so hard into silence.

Psst... She even believes the very well documented 'Southern Strategy' is a myth. That would be a surprise to the guy who popularized it and used it for Nixon. But hey, what would he know, he just ran with it.

4. bambooshots thread starter macrumors 65816

bambooshots

This detracts from her statements to the House Judiciary Committee....how?

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

She's a shill that is often mocked by how much she imagines she is important. Also many of the things she spouts are like Ann Coulter lite, whatever she can say to get a rise.

The Kanye thing didn't carry her to prominence, after she got busted trying to rid his coat tails, and apologized. Tried to start with AOC, and got mocked by the internet.

If you're bag is trying to convince others that white nationalism isn't a thing, I'm sure you thought Ms. Owens was scintillating. There was no torching, just as many in the black community would say, "selling out".

And she even threw out a "Fake News", for bonus playbook points. Woo Hoo!

6. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Because Twitter is now more for liberals and now that Twitter silences conservatives more on that platform makes it worse.

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Yes, yes, conservatives are always the victims. The liberals the bullies who can't even win an election. I've heard.

Or, ...Owens justifiably gets clowned.

Do a little research on her, before championing her. She's an opportunist who likes to call out others, forgetting the bag of bones she's kept in her own mold ( you get that reference if you know about her ) filled closet.

8. bambooshots thread starter macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Whatever your personal opinions about Ms. Owens, Mr. Nadler had no right to lie to her and Mr. Lieu had no right to take her comments out of context in order to attempt to discredit her and drive the narrative (Dem SOP).

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

The comments were NOT out of context.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ted-lieu-plays-candace-owens-hitler-comments-2019-4

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Essentially, Candace Owens builds up a few straw men so she can knock them down, arguing that reporters were "confused" about why she was at the hearing, and that people were arguing that America was "more racist" than it was in her grandfather's day. She can't even get the grammar of parties right, preferring to parrot the Republican shibboleth of Democrat when it's an adjective and should be Democratic.

As for a "monopoly of minds," that mixes up a bunch of seminal ideas and just turns them into a mushy dog's breakfast. The Republican party has tried for years to shift black voters back to the party, and largely it has done this by seeking out a few token representatives and getting them to lambast Democrats.
    This is an old strategy and it's abundantly transparent.

As for her "hate crime," it appears that the idiots in Antifa aggressively lambasted her, calling her a "race traitor." Now, this isn't because of her race, but rather the fact that Owens is supporting the Trump administration in opposition to her race. Now, I think that argument is stupid, but Owens wasn't attacked by a "white gang" because she was black, but because of her political choices—this is not a hate crime.

BTW, she says that the "leftist media" didn't cover this. I assume the leftist media didn't, but the "mainstream media" outlets, like CNN and the Washington Post did.

And, Lieu is right to show that most of Owen's schtick is ahistoric nonsense about "globalism," which is what people start babbling about when they've been suckered into the right-wing echosphere. The problem with Hitler was not that he was "globalist" you dingbat, the problem was he murdered millions because they weren't Aryans and started a massive world-spanning war.

Yeah, this does feed into white nationalism because it ignores Hitler's vicious "final solution" in Germany when the Reich murdered millions for being Jews, homosexuals, or just simply "undesirable."

She also tries to play into the idea that support for Israel is an automatic support for Jews—again a right-wing idea—and she's got a Jewish friend so thereby she can't have problematic and ahistoric ideas about nationalism and Hitler. Apparently, one can work for Praeger U, and still say stupid things on tape.

Nadler screwed up when he interrupted her, but she did violate the rules and attacked Lieu as "dishonest."

Hitler promoted Germany, but he only promoted a certain group of people against another, which is actually typical of nationalists and so her ideas about nationalism again are ahistoric nonsense.

11. theapplehead macrumors 6502

theapplehead

I love that woman. She is 100% on point with everything she says. So powerful. Keep preaching!

12. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I prefer Ben Shapiro, but I still like Candace.

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Don't get me wrong, I love the woman as well.

Much the same way some of you claim you love AOC because of all the material you imagine she generates.

When Owens appears on my Twitter feed, it's a combination of sympathy for her on my part, and knowing some downright self inflicted hilarity will ensue on her part.

Then I check the websites that are heavily into black culture, and I get to see the true evisceration of her begin.

But hey, can't knock her. Ultimately she's out there hustling doing what she needs to do to make a buck.

Beats working at Amazon I imagine.

I've seen people taking bets when she eventually does the fake apology tour like Omarosa did. That won't be pretty.

14. appleisking macrumors 6502a

“Nadler screwed up when he interrupted her, but she did violate the rules and attacked Lieu as "dishonest."
    Nope, she said his presentation of the clip is dishonest. She did not personally attack anyone there.

which is actually typical of nationalists and so her ideas about nationalism again are ahistoric nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Again no that would be ethnocentrism like white nationalism. Nationalism per se only puts the the people of a country over the people outside the country.

As for her "hate crime," it appears that the idiots in Antifa aggressively lambasted her, calling her a "race traitor." Now, this isn't because of her race, but rather the fact that Owens is supporting the Trump administration in opposition to her race. Now, I think that argument is stupid, but Owens wasn't attacked by a "white gang" because she was black, but because of her political choices—this is not a hate crime.”
    Calling someone a race traitor is racist. Idk the exact story so I doubt it’s a hate crime but it’s racist to assume someone has to think a certain way because of their skin color. The fact that it came from white people makes it even more disgusting.

I’ll agree with you that the Hitler comment is stupid but she renounced it so???

15. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

For the life of me, I do not understand why anyone pays the slightest bit of attention to her. She’s not particularly bright and clearly doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Sorry-what? With a pathological liar in the WH and his administration and members of congress repeating those lies, no higher ground exists on that the DEM "SOP" is.

17. raqball macrumors 68000

SOP for many on the left these days - agree....

She did make Nadler and Lieu look like childish fools though....

She is 100 times smarter than AOC and better looking too... :p

18. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Who AOC yeah I agree

19. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Yeah, but she's conservative and she's a black woman, so you know, liberal heads exploding and all that...

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Meh another right wing nut job mutual admiration thread.

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

She later called Lieu dishonest.

Nationalists tend to espouse perfection of their country, especially when a particular group can be denied or put down in some way. Again, look at almost every nationalist movement and there's a scapegoat of people inside the country that must be dealt with.

Arguably, there are nationalists who just see their country as better than every other without turning toward the idea that the other people from those countries are part of the problem, but I cannot think of a single example. Feel free to put forward a nationalists identity group that didn't espouse this feelings, I'd be interested to find one.

It's prejudiced, but not racist. I get the conflation of these two ideas, but there's a different structure here.

I get that, but again, consider that Owens was presented during a hearing on hate crimes, so what did she have to offer besides a long-winded screed? Not much, and for her to become the centerpiece of this, while an expert was there to talk about actual issues, including the rise in hate crimes, showed just how little Republicans think of the hearings. It's disappointing really because Owens is a talking head, with a previous gig at InfoWars, whose celebrity is undeserved.

People like her because they like her politics, but she's wrong about so much.

22. tshrimp, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

You can say she gets "clowned" all you want, but that doesn't make it so. I have seen many of her speeches, interviews, etc. Someone needs to "do a little research", but it isn't the people you are referencing. In the words of Michael Jackson...Start with the man in the mirror.

23. raqball macrumors 68000

Considering Twitter is a cesspool for no manner having wackadoodles I have no doubt she gets harassed there.... I have no clue what getting 'clowned' means.....

24. jagooch macrumors 6502

jagooch

She's awesome. She sets a good example of non-victimhood for everyone else to follow. You are only a victim if you choose to be.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 9, 2019 ---
    She left the democrat plantation and they are trying to rope her to drag her back.

25. raqball, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019

raqball macrumors 68000

I don't think they'd take her back as she is now tainted by the evil, nazi, white supremacist, colluding, xenophobe, homophobe, misogynist, racist (did I cover most of their keywords?) Trump in their minds..

What I believe is at play with her and other blacks who support conservatism is that the left is terrified that if more black voters bolt the the left might not ever win another national election......