Cannabis evidence 'was devalued'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by edesignuk, Oct 29, 2009.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

Government wankers.

We are heading for a V for Vendetta world. You can't do anything for your own safety. Just go to work and do as you're told.

I don't know who's going to get in, or if they'll be any better, but Labours days have to be over (not that this is the main reason). They don't listen to anyone about anything and they continue to take away our own choices under the guise of being for the nations own good.

Sick. of. it. :mad:

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Alas, rock and hard place for us voters…
    We'll get no more joy from the Conservatives:

That was last year so he might have "swung" again… ;)
    link

The Lib Dems on the other hand…
    Also remember that in 2002 they (LibDems) voted in favour of the legalisation of cannabis… So I guess I'll stick to my original voting choice. :)

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

There is a massive amount of bullshyte surrounding this topic. It pisses me off to no end. I'm so fed up with the cannabis smear campaign. Clueless smarmy politician twunts should maybe listen to their scientific advisers! Hell, listen to all the medicinal patients whose lives have been improved so vastly from this simple plant. Oh no, the UK had to go _the_other_way_ with this. :mad:

In addition to the obvious stupidity and needlessly filling our already full prisons with harmless potheads, I also think they're sending a very foolish message to the people. Their classifications are a joke. People will discover that they're full of crap about cannabis being oh-so-dangerous and then get the idea that they might be full of crap about other things that may actually be dangerous. "Hey, they were wrong about cannabis, maybe this here cocaine and heroin is not so bad after all..." :rolleyes:

What a colossal waste of time and money. They could be making money on this very thing if they just pulled their heads out of their asses.

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Me too I think.

Sure we'll still be being run by Tories again before long though :rolleyes: :(

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

so one of my kids is playing outside when a car loses controlputting her in hospital. After testing the driver is found to be on drugs. But hey that's ok cos it's legal?? Oh I don't think so.

Think about the bigger picture before posting.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Help me to complete my mental picture of your scenario… where exactly would your daughter/son be playing?
    :confused:

7. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

How is this any different to a drunk behind the wheel?

Think of the bigger picture indeed :rolleyes:

...and you know, drunks get cocky and think they're capable of more than they are, if a stoner did venture out the chances are they'd be going at a snails pace.

8. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Seeing as the car would most likely be traveling at less than five miles per hour as the occupants are searching for a pizza place the chances of it going out of control are very slim indeed.

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

The bigger picture in the form of a joke:

The drunk runs the stop sign. The stoner sits and waits for it to turn green.

Granted, neither should be driving but I'm thinking one is certainly more dangerous than the other.
    In ANY situation in life, I would prefer to deal with a stoner than a drunk.

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I'm sorry but your a bunch of morons. Once you've delt with a loss due to drugs maybe you might understand.

11. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Very constructive.
    Due to what drugs though? Cannabis, really? It what circumstance, how?

In your example of someone under the influence of drugs at the wheel, it's no different than alcohol, rendering this argument pretty pointless IMO.

You're going to have to do better than to regurgitate Government propaganda.

12. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

LOL might want to check yourself before throwing those sorts of words around. By the way, personal attacks are not allowed here.

You would be wise not to lump everyone (or every "drug") into the same category. There are many people who occasionally partake of cannabis in the privacy of their own homes, never harming a single person and carrying on with their lives responsibly.

And what makes you assume some of us haven't experienced a loss as a result of drugs/drink? Some of us actually happen to see this "bigger picture" of yours and choose not to point fingers in the wrong direction.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So you want more things legalised that can also fudge up drivers?

After seeing the damage something like pot can do, no, I'm hoping it stays a Class B drug.

14. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

No, I just want things to be fair. If you have booze and tobacco legal it is wrong for cannabis to be illegal, let alone a class B.

The scientific advisor to the Government happens to agree. Though the Government themselves continue to do the absolute best they can to increase the fear factor among the population, for nothing more than political gain and yet more control over us all.

Reg.

15. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

I assume you're against alcohol being legal? There's no reason to be against marijuana and not alcohol at the same time.

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Oh, the "knew someone it went wrong for" argument that ignores the vast majority of problem-free cases and outright positives.

I knew someone who fell off their bicycle once...

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If I had to choose between being in a car driven by someone who's drunk or someone who's stoned, I'll take the stoner anytime. If anything were to happen, they'll likely be going so slow that it would be just a fender bender.

18. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I am someone that feels there should be zero tollerance on both drink and drugs. Having losing someone close to be because a cannabis user was tugged by the police and decided to try and escape rather than stop causing a fatal accident.

If the said substance be it drink, drugs legal or non effect someones judgement and or reactions then the shouldn't be behind the wheel as for in private who is to say that spliff you had 7 hours before has worn off? So please don't preach to me about what you think is right or wrong.

19. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I'll express my opinion as I please and you are free to do the same.

I agree that no one should ever be behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated. However, your experience alone should not mean you paint everyone with the same brush.

20. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

OK, you're a little more understandable now. You have a hatred for all things mind altering in one way or another. Understandable I suppose given what you've said happened.

Still though, can't you accept that accidents happen? Everything everyone ever does creates a risk for themselves and others. You have to accept small risks though, it's life. People fly planes, people drive cars, people lift things heavier than they can manage, people boil kettles. You can hurt yourself and others doing pretty much anything. Doesn't mean we should all be sat in doors with a Government issued straight jacket waiting to die.

Also, if the "cannabis user" hadn't been needing to run from the Police because they'd done nothing more wrong than anyone else having a drink or smoking a cigarette....

21. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Governments of all hue, particularly headed by nervous and insecure prime ministers, will tend to toe the line on this matter because of the shrieking from the Daily Mail and their minions.

Punching hippies: a vote winner, every time.

22. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I'm baffled by how many people expect to be taken seriously after claiming they have experienced losses due to cannabis. This kind of argument is one of the worst jokes I have heard so far, and I can not begin to understand how anyone could possibly connect any deaths to the use of marihuana. It simply makes no sense to me.

23. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Class B is way to high for cannabis, I agree with edesign that labour have to go, the UK has fallen apart in the last 8 years, since they were elected into power.

Surely all countries would classify Cannabis at the same level if it was found to be harmful, but obviously this is not the case.

Edit* edesign I love your location

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Come on. Seriously? The UK have improved hospitals enormously, there has been huge investment in transportation (especially in London) and schools have been improved as well.

Its still way less dangerous than alcohol (source).

[​IMG]

Though in fairness its one of the only drugs that is actually in the right "class" being class B/C and about in the middle seems reasonable enough.

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Pot is NOT a drug. It is a herb. A naturally growing "weed". Pot has NEVER caused the death of a single person.

As a matter of fact it's a medicine in my state. I carry a medical card that allows me to use pot and I have a perfect driving record. I don't drink either.

REAL drugs have caused a death.
    Cocain,meth,alcohol,heroin. Those are drugs.

To quote one of my favorite drummers

Don't do drugs!! Smoke weed!.