Cannot access "ICloud" on new 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slicktype, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

So my fiancé just received her new 5s (gold) and for some strange reason her icloud is setup as ########@mail.com.
    She had the same issue on her Ipad a while back but I forgot how I fixed it. Her Icloud is supposed to read "@gmail.com" and not "@.mail.com. She made a mistake setting up hee Icloud a few years back and it has been an issue on every new device as this keeps happening when she restored her"new" devices from back up.
    I had her go to apple.com to change her password on this @mail.com account and it went through on the site but she still cannot access the ICloud with her new password.
    Is there a way to "Delete" the iCloud account on her phone without a password ?.
    This is very frustrating as the only thing she would like to do at the moment is turn on "AirDrop".

Thanks !
    JP

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Has she tried logging out of iCloud on the device?

3. Slicktype thread starter macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Yes..... Nothing works !. When she originally created the @mail.com account, she instantly changed it to @gmail.com "But", for some weird reason every time she buys a new apple device and restores it from "ITunes" it ---always---- has the @mail.com account on the new device and not @gmail.com.
    Very strange and frustrating !.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

5. Slicktype thread starter macrumors 6502

Slicktype

She does not want to start fresh. She wants photos, music, texts etc.... To remain on her new phone.
    I tried to back up from The cloud (not using ITunes) and it will not let me as it asks for a password for the @mail.com account. She had the same password for the @mail.com acc as she did for the @gmail.com acc.
    Not sure what to do ?.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thx