Cannot activate new iPhone on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gradstudent88, Aug 7, 2012.

1. gradstudent88 macrumors newbie

I took my phone to the Apple store for battery issues, and they swapped it out with a new one. They tried to activate the new one in the store but the same error message kept popping up: "Could Not Activate iPhone." Below it reads "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached." The kept trying for close to an hour. Took me up to the Verizon store; they tried but received the same error message. Went back down to the Apple store, they swapped out another phone, and we still got the same error message. They claim that it's a problem with the Verizon network. I've been trying for over an hour since I brought the phone back home to no avail. Can anyone be of assistance?

2. gradstudent88 thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE:

Restored it. Now it says "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable."

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

based on everything you said, it does seem to be a problem with the Verizon activation network. Activating a new phone on Verizon can be a pita. I remember my fiance had to jump through all kinds of hoops to activate an iPhone 4 on her concessions line. Sure would be nice to just be able to pop in a sim and go from there. By the sound of things you will just have to wait. :/

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I have had this exact problem. Restore it in DFU mode and you will be able to *228 it.