Cannot activate Verizon iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SonRK, Oct 16, 2012.

1. SonRK macrumors 6502

Okay! So I picked up a new iPhone 5 32GB from the Apple Store in 5th avenue.( I already own a 16GB one that I bought at RadioShack). I did the 10PM reservation thing and paid $750 for the 32GB model for Verizon.

I show up, he makes me sign some things, yadda yadda, etc.

I walk out and go home (in Jersey) and the phone has YET to activate.

It eventually says that it couldn't activate and call a number from a different phone (which I have no access to right now)...

I go on Verizons website to at least switch my number back to 16GB so when it is morning I can try again, but it says "We noticed you bought a new device, please activate your number on the device before proceeding"

Why is this so difficult?! When I bought it at RadioShack it wasn't hard...instant activation and ****. Now I have 2 iPhone 5s and plenty of Android devices that arent associated with my number (apparently) (Yes, the other iPhone 5 doesn't work, it lost it's signal and I cannot call anyone)

(This is all out of contract, I wanted to keep my unlimited)

2. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I had a similar issue, bought my phone.. wouldn't connect to anything, resetting network settings fixed it.

3. SonRK thread starter macrumors 6502

Before I play with that, I wanted to say that once it eventually fails to activate and tells me to call a number. I DO get LTE signal in the top left! It even lets me browse the internet and such but cannot do cellular calls. Quite strange

4. SonRK thread starter macrumors 6502

So, I went to Verizon and they didn't have sim cards, nor did any store within like 15 miles from me. They suggested I go to Apple and they said they don't give out SIM cards, but eventually they got a new one from the back and it activated!

How great...now too bad I'm nitpicking between my first and second iPhone. My new one screen bulges out a tad more (you can feel it with your fingers) and the screen is (slightly) dimmer than the first. You have to put them side by side to tell the difference

5. imazu, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

imazu macrumors regular

The iPhone 5 from Radio Shack, are you using it with same # from Apple?
    If so you can put in your sim from 16gb to the 32gb.