Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NateAvery85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
So, here's my story

I have a 16 GB 3GS, which came with firmmare 3.1 on it when bought it (less than a month ago.) I tried to jailbreak on 3.1 using PwnageTool 3.1.3, and ran into some problems— when I created the custom firmware, it wouldn't install via itunes.

So when PwnageTool 3.1.4 came out, I went ahead and downloaded OS 3.1.2, then created custom firmware, and installed it. Worked like a charm... except there was no connection to AT&T. I tried resetting the network inside the iphone, then I tried reinstalling the custom firmware... neither worked.

I ended up having to reinstall the standard 3.1.2 software, and when apple asked me to update my carrier settings, I said yes. Luckily, I still have an iphone that works.

However, I would much prefer to have a jailbroken iPhone that works. Does anyone have any idea how I could go about doing this? Great buckets of thanks in advance if you can help.

-- Nate Avery

PS I hope this isn't a repost... I wasn't able to find any answers in any of the previous threads.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If you are using an official iPhone carrier sim you have to uncheck the activate phone box. If you are not on an official iPhone carrier sim, you have to check the box to hacktivate. Doing it backwards, either way, and you will get no signal

Use Expert mode.

Also, 3G and 3GS are the iPhone icon on the right side, select that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.