"Cannot get mail". What is going on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by martinchivers, Aug 19, 2013.

1. martinchivers macrumors regular

iphone 5 email.......Its coming up with a box saying incorrect username or password. but it IS able to send and it IS ABLE TO receive. I have put up with this for 2 months, so it's driving me nuts. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. chabig macrumors 68040

I would take the dialog at its word and assume either your username of password is wrong. I suggest you delete the account, and add it back.

3. martinchivers thread starter macrumors regular

But it DOES SEND! And it DOES RECIEVE. I'm to appreciahensive to delete the account and do it again, as it may not work at all, afterwards.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

Why wouldn't it work afterward? Either you know your username and password or you don't. If you do, it'll work. If you don't, I'm sure there is a webpage you can visit to reset the password.

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I would have this same issue while sitting in class when hooked up to the school's wifi. I don't know why it wouldn't let me but I could do every thing BUT bring up email. I would get that same message.

If it's been that way for 2 months I'm sure you've tried it off of wifi or with different wifi's but give that a shot.

If not maybe wipe your phone, re-install iOS, don't save from backup and see what happens. Good luck.