cannot retreat from a way to large of a zoomed full screen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by paxtonstafford, Dec 9, 2014.

1. paxtonstafford macrumors newbie

infrequently, i accidentally tap the magic mouse -the screen zooms to very annoying and very large(to large for anyone)--with no apparent way to reduce it--i have not yet determined which screens it does it on. i suspect that is the key-but it cannot be just me--can it?-sorry for the sketchy information--this is ongoing for several months now- thank you

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

does this happen in Safari ?

Maybe it's the "smart zoom" : double tap with one finger to zoom in, again to zoom out.

3. Mydrivec macrumors member

Zoom

I believe you can turn off advanced gestures in the system settings > Mouse section.

or you could use something other than a magic mouse.

4. paxtonstafford thread starter macrumors newbie

SMART ZOOM MAY BE PART OF IT I JUST NOW DID ON THIS SITE- MACRUMORS -WORKED A COUPLE OF TIMES THEN ZOOMED OUT TO FAR AND WILL NOT ZOOM BACK, YES IT COULD AND PROBABLY IS WITHIN THE SETTINGS BUT I HAVE DETERMINED THAT TRIAL AND ERROR DOES NOT WORK WELL-(FOR ME)-I CANNOT ALWAYS RETURN--??thank you

5. paxtonstafford thread starter macrumors newbie

i have to close it out find it again reopen it and then i am ok unless i do it again, then i throw a chair out the window. but that doesn't work either

6. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Command-0 should restore normal view.

To disable Smart Zoom go into System Preferences > Mouse and uncheck the option for Smart zoom.