Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ferrisb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Riverton, Utah
I'm trying to save a file in Flash MX 2004 , and I'm getting an error saying that the file cannot be saved because it's "past it's end"?

What does that mean? I've tried saving it to different disks, with different filenames, etc. but it's still not working. I found some info on Apple.com, but it really wasn't that helpful at all.

It's a Dual 1 gHz G4, 1 GB RAM, with 10.3.5 installed.

[edit:] I forgot to mention that I also searched Macromedia.com, and couldn't find anything there either.

Crikey

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2004
Spencer's Butte, Oregon
Do you have a hard disk larger than 120GB connected to the built-in hard disk controller on a G4? My understanding was that the G4s couldn't address more than about 128GB worth of space on a disk drive with the built-in Ultra ATA controller.

Just a stab in the dark. Probably irrelvant if you've tried saving to multiple drives.

Michael

ferrisb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Riverton, Utah
Nope. It's just an 80GB drive. I did some more searching online today, and found this problem with a bunch of other programs and it was happening in XP as well. Looks more like it's some sort of error that means the file was corrupted.

I was able to get my file saved, but by copying and pasting everything into a new file, so at least I didn't lose my work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.