Cannot share to FB/Twitter from Photos app

jwolf6589

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I just discovered that in Mojave (unlike in Hi Sierra) I cannot share to FB or twitter from within the photos app like I could before. Why did apple disable this great feature? Strange why on ones IOS device one can share to social networking but not on the Mac. What this does is discourages the use of a standard and more powerful digital camera.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I just discovered that in Mojave (unlike in Hi Sierra) I cannot share to FB or twitter from within the photos app like I could before. Why did apple disable this great feature? Strange why on ones IOS device one can share to social networking but not on the Mac. What this does is discourages the use of a standard and more powerful digital camera.
That is intentional. Apple removed the share options to share from Photos to social media on Mojave due to their new enhanced privacy protections. You can upload photos from Facebook, but can’t share from macOS anymore.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/06/macos-mojave-drops-login-options-twitter-facebook/

Last edited:
Reactions: jwolf6589

jwolf6589

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
It’s only available when you install the apps. They removed the built in integration in iOS 12 I think. I don’t have Facebook installed and have no options to share to FB.
I dont have it installed on my phone but do on my iPad.