Cannot transfer app from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foolery, Jan 12, 2013.

1. foolery macrumors newbie

Folks:

Hi, and thanks for the excellent forum. I have searched and looked through posts but haven’t seen an answer specific to my weird issue, so here goes –

Years ago I purchased from the iTunes store and downloaded a rudimentary Texas Hold ‘em game app, which I have grown to really like. When I got my iPad v1, no problem transferring it there. But now that I got my new iPad mini, iTunes (latest version) will not transfer this game app into iTunes so I can send it over to my iPad mini.

I looked throughout the iTunes store, searched by title, etc., and would be happy to repurchase the game app, but it seems not to exist anymore. None of the newer games of the same genre have the right feel.

What’s going on? Why won’t iTunes backup/transfer this game app that is on my iPhone (and running fine) to iTunes – and then let me transfer it to my iPad mini? Advice is appreciated.

Tom

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Selecting it in itunes when your iPad is connected won't work? Perhaps its an iOS version issue, i.e., that app is tool old, and iOS is too new

3. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

As maflynn points out, it is possible your app was never updated to run on iOS6.

Perhaps you could contact the company that originally wrote the app and see what advice they offer. They may be planning a newer version.

Of course, it is also possible that the company that wrote the app is now out of business.

4. foolery thread starter macrumors newbie

iOS issue... hadn't considered that. Thought everything should be retro-fitted, I guess. Is there a way to revert my iPad mini's OS to an earlier version so I can run this app?

Thanks for the suggestions, btw...