Canon 20mm f/2.8 VS Sigma 20mm f/1.8

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by NewbMacGuy, Feb 27, 2013.

1. NewbMacGuy macrumors newbie

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks ahead of time for any and all input you'all may have.

I have a Canon T2i and have the kit lens and also the nifty fifty. I have been looking at adding a new lens to the arsenal for fairly close up shots with a wide angle.

What do you guys think about these two lenses? Anyone here have experience with either using the T2i, T3i, or T4i?

I would like a lens that will take great up close shots of wildlife and things like that.

NMG

2. kevinfulton.ca macrumors 6502

I was looking at both of these before I got my new 24mm F/2.8 IS USM. While I'm sure there are many happy owners, both of those haven't done very well in reviews. As a result I spent a little more and got the new 24mm and I've gotta tell ya, it's pretty awesome! Check out www.the-digital-picture.com for the best reviews on Canon lenses.

Also, I'm not sure how close you plan on getting to wildlife, but you'll need to get extremely close (dangerously close if it's a bear :eek:) to make a wide-angle work for you. You may want to look at a telephoto instead. Maybe something in the 100-400mm range? Hope this helps!