Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
I am beginner photography and plan to buy
Canon LS 2 , and i do have iphone 8 plus
, i want to know are they same as iphone when taking picture ????

if not much diff then i will use my iphone 8

thanks

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
I am beginner photography and plan to buy
Canon LS 2 , and i do have iphone 8 plus
, i want to know are they same as iphone when taking picture ????

if not much diff then i will use my iphone 8

thanks
I gather that you actually mean the Canon EOS Rebel SL2 also known as the EOS 200D? :confused:

Apart from them both being cameras, there's not much more than that which is similar between the 200D and the iPhone 8 Plus.

The 200D will give you the options of interchangeable lenses and full control over your camera, the iPhone 8 Plus is basically fully automated. As you learn how to control a camera and the lenses for it, you can create better, more interesting imagery than is possible with a mobile phone and with substantially better image quality.

I am confused as to why you would buy something and then not use it though. o_O

Reactions: akash.nu

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
i am not buying yet , just ask ....
i go park and travel sometime in summer and just want to look cool with dslr in body >>

and now i see nothing diff if it true like you said , i think i wont spend 600$ dollar for item that work same as iphone 8+

picture taking is posted via facebook , and facebook does reduce quality picture >> even dslr take clear picture it will look same as iphone taking ,

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
i read 10 times and still think that mean
dslr = manual controller
iphone = automatic controller

apple build in auto focus , and drsl build in manual controller lens by hand ,

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
i read 10 times and still think that mean
dslr = manual controller
iphone = automatic controller

apple build in auto focus , and drsl build in manual controller lens by hand ,
That's excellent that you see the difference of the two!

I am confused as to why you would say the following though. o_O
i think i wont spend 600$ dollar for item that work same as iphone 8+

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
So . i dont buy it ,
iphone automatic focus and setup when take picture ,

why i need dslr for what .

1 things = look cool neck strape

but most people take pic with mobile now in street -

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
So . i dont buy it ,
iphone automatic focus and setup when take picture ,

why i need dslr for what .

1 things = look cool neck strape

but most people take pic with mobile now in street -
Oh, okay, I think I get you now!

If you have no need for a better camera than is on your mobile phone, it makes perfect sense not to spend any money on something better.

Reactions: kenoh

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
and how you know canon ls 2 is same as iphone ??? have u use any dslr camera current

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
The difference in quality of photo will be immense, as Alex has pointed out above -
Apart from them both being cameras, there's not much more than that which is similar between the 200D and the iPhone 8 Plus.
However, if you like to use automatic all the time a DSLR has a fully automatic mode; the manual controls are there if you decide to try them to produce better styles and effects to your pictures.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :)

Hugh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
i go park and travel sometime in summer and just want to look cool with dslr in body >>

and now i see nothing diff if it true like you said , i think i wont spend 600$ dollar for item that work same as iphone 8+

picture taking is posted via facebook , and facebook does reduce quality picture >> even dslr take clear picture it will look same as iphone taking ,

As usual, feel free to ignore this...

If you are hoping a DSLR will make you look cool then you are asking the wrong question. A DSLR is not a cool accessory, it is a camera nerd thing - of which I am proud to be one of. Further, the first thing an actual photographer does is try to direct attention AWAY from their camera.

Carrying a camera advertising your make and model on the strap screams "steal me". Not a good idea. Anyone carrying a Canon 5D MK IV for example on the supplied strap screams I paid thousands for this camera. You will find that lots of people who understand this now cover their camera branding with black tape and swap the straps for non-descript ones. If it is purely about cool, then go on ebay and buy a cheap used Canon 1100d or Nikon D3000 (which will both still take better images than the iphone), $200 and you have your look.

An iPhone, while taking great images of a single type, will NOT give you the creative flexibility an ACTUAL camera will give you. It may have auto focus but it only has a single focal length. If all you are doing is taking duck pout selfies and posting to social media, then keep with the iphone. If however you want to take amazing photographs, then you need an actual camera be it DSLR or mirrorless etc.

Really not being rude here but the fact you are asking this question and the way you have responded so far, I think you should stick to your iphone until the time when you realise its limitations and know why you need an actual camera.

Hope this helps.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
i go park and travel sometime in summer and just want to look cool with dslr in body >> ,

You won’t look too cool with a DSLR that you aren’t interested in using except as a piece of jewelry :)

I’d stick with the iPhone - it works really well getting selfies with a moose and the odd grizzly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.