Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
So I have a Canon Pixma MG6320 printer set up over wireless which up until recently has worked great with no issues. All of a sudden when I'm scanning items using the canon IJ software utility, I lose connection in the middle of large jobs. For printing, I have no issues, scanning one or two individual pages, no issues. It let's say I have a 15 page document I need to scan. The utility will prompt me to open the scanner to insert the next page and hit scan again. This way, it makes a continuous 15 page document in PDF format. However, after maybe 7-10 pages in, I get the following error message and the scan job quits in the middle of the job. Network is fine, there are no interferences I can tell. When wired via USB, the scanner has no issues and completes even larger jobs without cutting out. So there's something killing the wireless connection.

I've updated and reinstalled all software and drivers and even the printer firmware. Problem still persists. Under the network firewall settings, all canon software is set to accept incoming connections. Only thing I can think about is my router booting the printer off the network. Any ideas?

dfa068e4d763b21fec7705ad5ce50e6a.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.