Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So I just got this today and when I plug it in the pictures go directly to iPhoto but I was wondering how I got movie clips off of the camera? Anyone know?

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
If you have iPhoto 5, the movies should import into iphoto with your pictures.

If you have iPhoto 4, there is no support for movies. I use to import them with Graphic Converter and keep them in a folder in the movies section of the finder. I'm sure there are other apps to let you import your movies.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
oh yeah, I meant to say congrats on your camera purchase. That camera looks fantastic. I had the old 4mp Canon SD400 Digital Elph and it took amazing pictures.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Bah! I am still on iLife 4...I guess I know what my next purchase will be :p When you import with iPhoto 5 where do the movies go? Directly into iPhoto or into your movies folder in Finder?

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Oh and thanks for the congrats! I am loving it so far -- it is SOOO TINY and SOO BEAUTIFUL. And the deal I got on it was even sweeter... I had a bunch of coupons stacked up from Dell so I only paid $270 with free shipping! I also ordered a 1gb SD Card to go along with it...I'm gonna have me some fun!

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
So you think that model takes good pictures? I have the SD 110 and although the pictures aren't bad, they just don't have very crisp detail since the aperature does not get very small. The lighting quality is fine though. I didn't think there was much of a difference between the 400 and the 110 other than the megapixel count.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
The movies go directly into iPhoto just like the pictures do. The first frame of the movie is in the thumbnail with a little movie icon in the corner. When you double click it, it opens up quicktime and plays.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
KD7IWP said:
So you think that model takes good pictures? I have the SD 110 and although the pictures aren't bad, they just don't have very crisp detail since the aperature does not get very small. The lighting quality is fine though. I didn't think there was much of a difference between the 400 and the 110 other than the megapixel count.

I thought my Digital Elph took great pictures without having to use the manual controls. I am partial to Canon cameras, I don't know which of the models offer crisp details but the pictures I've taken look natural and pleasing to look at. That being said: I AM NO EXPERT . Just my humble opinion. :)

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
On another note about this camera--will the battery recharge through the USB line?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.