Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I updated my apps and now I am getting "This app is no longer shared with you" message when trying to open all apps that updated today. Any help out there to fix this?

Last edited:

DukeSilver79

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
My wife has had this happen with about four different apps on her iPhone 8. She uninstalled and reinstalled and then they have worked fine.

hschwartz

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2009
I just got the same thing on my new SE2 trying to open YouTube app. Was working fine the night before. Deleted app, reinstalled, working fine now. Fortunately, YouTube data (playlists, history) are stored in the cloud! Glad (and sad) to see I’m not the only one.

Sukach

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
I’ve had this as well on my X. Facebook and Weather Channel apps so far. Reinstalling has resolved.

Stackin

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2019
UK
Some Apps can be simply deleted and reinstalled, but some have data and settings that take time to recover. I’ve read that it’s possible to keep the data that belongs to Apps by offloading them and then reinstalling.

just go to Settings, General, iPad Storage, then select the App in question and offload it. Once reinstalled it should work ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.