Can't add Wi-Fi driver on Mojave?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by sweetnamese, Apr 23, 2019.

1. sweetnamese, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019

sweetnamese macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Not completely sure how this happened, but my Wi-fi was deleted off the Network's settings list. I've tried adding it back by click on the '+' sign and selecting Wifi. For some reason, it doesn't auto list itself as an additional connection. I tested it on other "Interface" like Thunderbolt or Bluetooth and it works fine (it's added to the Network list).

The status bar icon for Wi-Fi has a '!' on it with a drop-down that doesn't show all surrounding wifi networks.

Would anyone happen to have an answer and fix to this issue? It's strange and has never happened before.

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2012 with upgraded OS (Mojave), 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD.

Attached Files:

2. sweetnamese thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68030

Mr_Brightside_@

I notice your Location is April 2019. Can you try changing it back to Automatic?

4. sweetnamese thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've had it on Automatic as well and it didn't work. I created the April 2019 location to test the default networks list.

I've also removed Wifi from Thunderbolt bridge network to create a separate one on it's own and see if it would work, it did not. I feel like I'm close, but missing something.

Attached Files:

5. sweetnamese thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've found a fix!

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/11/wi-fi-problems-mac-os-x-yosemite.html

Mac OS Mojave doesn't' allow the SystemConfiguration folder itself to be deleted, but the files inside it can with authorization password. Delete it after making a backup, do not clear trash. Restart the computer, then WAHH-LAAA, the wifi interface is restored!!