Can't cancel apple order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aneftp, Sep 14, 2012.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

Ordered at 430AM with 2 week shipping delay.

Now ATT premier is finally open after major web glitches again but since ATT system recognized I already upgraded with Apple website, I am annoyed.

Want to cancel apple.com order but it says it's processed but won't let me cancel and ATT won't let me upgrade at full subsidized pricing.

I want to order from ATT now cause they will delivery by Sept 21st.

This preorder is all messed up this morning (like the past 4 years). They never get things right after all these years.

Why does ATT have stock and apple is out of stock?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The pre-order is not all messed up. You ordered your phone, it went to processing and now because you can't wait another week, you want to cancel. Call Apple. It's weird but they have phones. Like actual land line telephones.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this. They make you cancel pre-orders over the phone.

4. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

It indicated that the order "could not be canceled" on the site:eek:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

mattopotamus, you're always amusing ... and I mean that in a good way. :D

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

:)

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Just so you know AT&T website says that orders are available STARTING on 9/21. They cannot guarantee when you will get it. Read the fine print at bottom of the page. I would keep the Apple order for now. That is what I am doing.

8. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

I got the same 2 week ship time, so I ordered a 2nd phone from Verizon which will arrive on the 21st. I'm switching from ATT so I wasn't using an upgrade. Now just need to cancel the apple order.

9. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Verizon, AT&T and Sprint shipping times aren't accurate. It's very well possible that Verizon will only deliver your phone somewhere in October, while Apple will deliver your phone on launch day.

10. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

I've preordered most of the iPhones and the shipping times have always been accurate from apple.

11. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Careful about cancelling. I did that a couple of years ago, was a complete pain getting them to "re-set" my upgrade before I could reorder.

12. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

Could be true. But Apple website is usually spot on. When I ordered iPhone 4S for my brother 1 week after launch, it stated 4 weeks. And it was 4 weeks to the date until he got the phone.

And also my sister's ipad 2 ordered last year took 4 weeks.

Same for a ipad camera connection kit that was back ordered when first ipad came out. Apple said 4 weeks and it took 4 weeks to ship in May 2010. I was hoping it wouldn't take that long but it took 4 weeks and my son was born 1 week before the camera connection kit arrived so I learned never to think Apple will ship early.

Even my core i 7 27 inch imac when they first came out took 2 weeks and it was 2 weeks.

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Because everyone is convinced that Apple is superior. They'd rather bash AT&T.

AT&T always has good availability. That's where I order from. Once a year, less than ten minutes, always arrives on lauch day before 10:30 am. Can't be any easier than that.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

it is not even really that. Most people would rather order from the supplier who knows how many they can supply vs a carrier whom may not have an accurate allocation.

15. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

I am convinced only reason ATT has availability is because their website crashed and many people gave up so went to apple.com (like I did).

I have ATT Fan and usually order through ATT website but it crashed today. So when it went back on many people decided to order from Apple.com like I did.

16. dannelb macrumors newbie

Has anyone figured out how to cancel the apple.com order? Like everyone else, I ditched att.com and went with apple.com because it was working. But, apple.com didn't recognize my discounts and I'm worried that my monthly plan will get all screwed up. I'd much rather scrap the apple.com order and put a new one through on att.com, but I can't seem to cancel the order.

I've called in to a few different apple numbers, but they are all saying that there are too many calls and to try again later.

Ideas?

17. brand macrumors 601

brand

Wait and call back later like they told you.

18. dannelb macrumors newbie

Yeah, except I'm worried that ATT might sell out before I can cancel the Apple order. Or is that not really a concern at this point?

19. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

i orderd 2 by accident as the app store app said error and i re submit and i actually got 2 iphones, i have canceled one and had the email to prove it.

why cant you cancel? strange

20. dannelb macrumors newbie

My order is still just saying "We've received your order", so it is not eligible to edit anything yet....

21. VDubb macrumors 6502

The cancellation process is weird. When it was in "Order received" status, I couldn't cancel either of my orders. Now, both of my orders are in "Processing Items" and one offers me the option to cancel and the other doesn't.

- VDubb

22. spacebetween macrumors regular

You have to wait until the order is done processing. Mine took about 6 hours to finish. Once it did, I was able to cancel it online. I then resubmitted through my carrier who said that they still had them in stock for 9/21 delivery.

23. jbellanca macrumors 6502

I did the same.

24. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I hope you all if ordering from AT&T are reading the fine print. I went to order through AT&T as well, but at check-out it stated available starting 9/21/12. Other small print stated they could not guarantee delivery date and that other factors will come into play as to when it will ship as they ship orders on a first come first serve basis ect...