Can't change my Apple ID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Totty1987, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Totty1987 macrumors regular

I'm trying to set up my new iphone 4s and I'm required to enter my email address as my apple id, but i can't change my id via the website on my computer. This is really annoying. :mad:

2. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

3. tourada macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well you cannot delete an apple Id. You can simply start a new one or revert to an old one. If you want to change to a pre existing apple id, on your phone go to settings>store>apple id and change it to the one you want to use. Hopefully that's what you're asking for.

4. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Not trying to be condesending, but I would assume this is the site that you are going to, to change the ID?

http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/

From there, you can see the section for changing the ID. That takes you to the area to manage your Apple ID and you sign in with the current Apple ID and you can make the changes.

Not sure this will help you, but that is where I changed mine at when I got the iPhone 4 to take advantage of Find my iPhone. I had an Apple ID that was not an email address.

5. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like I've finally managed to set my phone. I had to reset my password. :)