Can't change shipping address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apup102, Sep 17, 2012.

1. apup102 macrumors newbie

I'm on an AT&T family plan with my father who lives about 3000 miles away from me. Therefore, when I preordered the iPhone 5 , the shipping address defaulted to his. The delivery date is on Friday. The order is currently in the processing stage, so I'm trying constantly to change it but everytime I do, I get the following message:
    It has been saying that the entire time it's been processing. Which has been a good couple of days. Every time we call Apple they say that their call volume is too high and are not accepting calls at that time. It's basically impossible for us to get through to them.
    If all else fails, my father could just mail me the phone, but it would still be nice for it to show up on Friday at my own door.

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I doubt they'd let you switch the mailing address even if you got a hold of them because of security reasons. If you insist, they'll most likely cancel that order and make your order again so the billing address matches the mailing address and then you'll probably be at the end of the iPhone 5 queue.
    I'd just plan on having your dad mail it to you.

3. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

I am in a similar situation which is why I always order through Apple. AT&T will not let you change your shipping address from the account address even if you call and explain to them your situation. Apple, however, will force your account address on you while you order, but once it enters the processing stage you can change the shipping address from the order status page. If it's telling you you can't edit it then there's a good chance it's already been shipped.

4. Radio macrumors 68000

u missed the window - i was able to change it