Cant change the shipping address ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixroqu3, Sep 14, 2012.

1. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

Spoke with an AT&T rep and told me that they cannot change the shipping address. I asked if i can change my billing address and they still said no. Does this go for everyone? Every rep says something different. Were you able to change yours?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You can't change the billing address of a card you used, and you can't switch the card you used to pay for the preorder. Best you can do is cancel your order, which will free up your subsidy discount, and place a new order.

3. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

I just changed my shipping address on my Apple order.

4. CBlake82 macrumors member

I just changed the address on my order through the Apple Store. I am not sure about the carriers however. AT&T wouldn't even let me upgrade online last night, while the Apple store would. It must be a FAN account thing...

5. applefan022 macrumors 6502

can change once you are processing on a Apple order. Why I didn't bother ordering with AT&T. lol

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah you can do it on Apple.com. You have to place the order with the main account address, then go to your recent orders and change it. I just did it.

7. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

8. Daws001 macrumors 6502

Daws001

Yeah I ordered through AT&T and wasn't able to change my shipping address either. I'm taking a half day at work next Friday to make sure I'm home for the delivery.

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I just went to an ATT store to ask about this and they said they can ship it to any address you'd like. But, this may be exclusive to in store orders, you can always try to go into a store and ask.

10. Bugdozer, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

Bugdozer macrumors member

Ugh Mine says processing but when I click to edit address I get a box that says:

Your order is being processed. Please try again shortly. To make changes to your default shipping information, go to Your Account

If I go to account it shows right shipping and billing address but it stays the same on the order and wont change. The address on the order is the address associated with our Verizon account. Trying to change the order so I can have son's phone shipped to him in FL.

I have tried multiple times to call the 1-800 number. Either I get a recording saying they can't take my call right now and it hangs up or I get a computer that takes my order number then transfers me and then I get the sorry we can't take your call yada yada and it disconnects the call!

UPDATE: Son was finally able to get through on the phone to a person. He said she was very nice, said their system is running really slow. She was able to change the mailing address to his but left the name as his father but I don't think it will be a problem. Fed ex only cares about getting an adult signature and he works that day anyway so his friend will be signing for both his and my son's phone.

11. felixroqu3 thread starter macrumors regular

felixroqu3

Can i do that even if i pre-ordered through AT&T website?

12. HXGuy macrumors 68000

No, you can only change your shipping address if you ordered directly thru Apple. If you ordered thru AT&T like I did, they will not change the address, I tried twice.