Cant connect to My university wifi with the new ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by preguntonontrac, Sep 18, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

I cant connect with any laptop to the university wi fi, the system works this way:

You open browser with any laptop and just put user name and pass.

It seems the ipod touch cant connect in the wifi, anyone might know why?, and maybe a way to fix it or gain access?.

2. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

More than likely your school is using WPA encryption which the new touch is having problems with due to a bug in the firmware. Hopefully apple will release a patch for it soon.

3. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

Interesting, I think it's a bug, because I can't connect my 2gen Touch to neither my home wireless router nor my girlfriend's house.

I enter the password and it approves it, but it won't navegate, it says it's not connected to any network.

Apple should fix this soon, I guess

4. RandomHero180 macrumors newbie

at my college when you access the internet from a non school computer you have to put no matter what web page you go to it redirects you to a site where i have to put in my student ID and password before i can surf the web, I have to do the samething with my touch, after you connect try and go to a webpage before you do anything else internet related...

5. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohh well if its a bug... anyone is experiencing this? or got another explanation maybe a college side nwtork prob and a way to get around it?