Can't decide between getting Nexus One, Motorola Milestone, iPhone 3G S, or HTC HD 2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by upsguy27, Mar 26, 2010.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

So, I just sold my Nexus One with the intention of getting the AT&T version, but now I have $560 and I'm wondering if maybe I should get a different phone. I'm looking at the Motorola Milestone because of its physical keyboard, but I'm worried about the downgrade to the 600Mhz processor. Is the Milestone/Droid slow? How is it?

I'm also looking at getting an iPhone 3G S. I had one from June - November, but got rid of it because I was getting really sick of the iPhone's UI. And now, using a 800x420 screen, I don't think I'd be able to go back to the iPhone's screen. But I really like the design and apps.

I'm looking at an HTC HD 2 as well. But again, I kind of want a physical keyboard. But I really like the HD 2's huge screen.

I'd also consider a Palm Pre Plus. I've never had one before and it seems really interesting.

What phone would you guys recommend the most? I'm leaning towards either the Milestone or the HD 2. Let me know what you think.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Wait 3 months and see what Apple has to offer.

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I agree with Peace.. You're comparing phones which are all months newer than the 3G S (yet it still arguably competes and is better than the others), whereas what Apple has to offer by June will most likely make your decision for you. :)

4. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

That's what I'm planning on doing, but I need a good phone from now until then...

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

How about picking up a beater iPhone 3G? Then just resell it in June for a minimal loss.

6. RudyGrow macrumors regular

7. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

This is the route I would go.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

^^ I lol'd. :D

I agree, I'd wait.

The Android really does seem like a nice phone (although I'd also look into a Pre as well.. at least check it out), just don't carry it in your pocket. Essentially, with the way they responded to that complaint if you have an Android and transport it normally - the way 90% of folks do, in your pocket - you're up the creek if it gets broken.

See what Apple has in a few months, at least try a Pre if you can, or look at a Storm. There are some nice alternatives to the iPhone none with the versatility (Apps), but still very functional and pretty.

10. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

what made you sell the nexus one? I had one but returned it due to the touch screen issue. I am considering doing another trial but this time on the AT&T network to see if those phones are better or if i just get lucky. If I don't like it then I'll just return it since I have a 30 day trial period here in CA.

11. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I sold it to get the AT&T version of it, but after I sold it I had second thoughts. Just to let all of you know, I decided on the Motorola Milestone for its hardware keyboard.

12. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I notice your location says Arizona, so why don't you call it Droid?

13. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

14. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Because I imported the Milestone from Australia. I'm on AT&T.

I wanted to do that, but I'm stuck with AT&T (4 lines) until June 2011. And I didn't get the HD2 because the version that's compatible with AT&T 3G is $800. Also, I'm not much of a fan of WM 6.

15. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

So... now I've been using the Milestone for a few days and I'm not sure if I like it. It's half as fast as the N1, doesn't have as good as a screen, and definitely isn't close to being as hackable. Also, the main reason I bought it was for its keyboard and I hardly use it. So, I don't know.