Can't decide between the new rmbp's - 13/16GB/512GB or the 15"/8GB/256GB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by simondonnely, Oct 24, 2013.

1. simondonnely, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

simondonnely macrumors newbie

What do yous think is the best value for money? There is only ~£20 difference.

2. flux73 macrumors 65816

Impossible for anyone here to answer that without knowing you, how you use a computer, and what your preferences are. What will you use it for? What would you LIKE to use it for eventually? How long do you plan on keeping it? Do you have other computers? Will you carry it around a lot? Most importantly: which one do you think would make you happy?

First things first, I'd figure out what your priorities are with regards to specs. What's most important to you? Storage, speed, weight, screen size, battery life, etc?

3. waldpet macrumors newbie

Buy what you need not by balancing specs. If you are contemplating a 256gb 15" why do you need 512gb in the 13". I suppose its always nice to know you have the best but it might be a waste if you don't actually need it.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

For me personally I can't go below 15" for laptops (my 13" work MBP is only bearable because it's hooked up to a 24" display). As others have said, you should go by your need/preferences over just the specs of the machine you're looking at; if you're doing the normal email/FB/surfing/music stuff the lower specs will be fine for you.

5. simondonnely thread starter macrumors newbie

Would be used mainly for uni and would most likely be using bootcamp with windows 7 aswell and some Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop/Premiere.

I have a custom desktop PC that I would use for most of my storage I suppose. I'm hoping to get the one with the longest lifespan, my current laptop is an old dell with its hinges broken

----------

If I get the 13" I would like to spec it out so it doesnt go out of date as soon as possible, Where as if I get the 15" I can only afford the basic configuration

6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Buy as much storage and RAM as you can afford.

Also, are you sure it's only 20 quid difference? Looks more like a couple of hundred to me!

7. simondonnely thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the HE discount

Attached Files:

8. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

If you could only go for one on those prices, I would myself go for the higher RAM and larger Hard Drive. Future Proofing in progress :)