Can't decide whether to upgrade.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyp350, May 13, 2012.

  1. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 14, 2011
    I currently have a 3GS and my upgrade has been due since the beginning of April but have been waiting for the iphone5/the next iPhone. However my 3GS is starting to break down on me, silent switch is broke which is a pain for work etc having to manually change volume and alerts everyday and at night so I'm not woken up. And the battery life is also getting pretty poor. So I am getting pretty tempted to upgrade to a 4S now and then sell it when the new one comes out. Is this a really bad idea, how much £ am I likely to lose by doing this, I think I can cope with £200-250 difference between my selling price and the cost of the new iPhone. Or should I just bide my time and wait (October seems so far away if that's when it will come out :( ) I need to advice from some fellow iPhoners.
  2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

    Oct 18, 2011
    Planet iPhone
    If you really in need of replacing your iphone 3GS, but want to keep your upgrade for the next generation, you could go on ebay and buy a cheap 2nd hand iphone and use it for the mean time and when the next generation iphone is announced, sell it and upgrade.
  3. MrKennedy macrumors member

    Aug 8, 2011
    Wirelessly posted

    Buy a used iPhone and save the upgrade for the next iPhone
  4. M5RahuL macrumors 68030


    Aug 1, 2009

    Don't throw your upgrade away on a 4S at this point!!
  5. wc17 macrumors member

    Mar 7, 2012
    Buy a used iPhone 4 and tell everyone its a 4s. I bought one for $300 or so, saving my upgrade for the next gen...
  6. Rrod macrumors newbie

    May 13, 2012
    Chocolate & Fries
    If one thinks about buying the 4s, then one wants the 4s.

    Buying a used iphone wil cost u, selling this one will be hard and you'll loose a lot of money if you do (third hand phone!). Buying the 5 will cost u a lot so what you'll loose in the end by buying an old and maybe not being able to sell the second hand will eventually give you headaches.

    Just buy the 4S now. When the upgrade is there, you'll be able to sell it for a very good price if u treath it with a lot of respect. Also you'll hand over the warranty. Yes you'll loose a little bit, but you'll be glad not to take money risk. Maybe the 5 seems not that special... and then you'll thank me even more ;) (that's just my opinion, and that's why I'm expecting mine in the mail tomorrow :D) and If you have a company - you'll even make money :apple:
  7. Che Castro macrumors 603

    May 21, 2009
    Buy a cheap phone on ebay doesnt have to be an iphone , just as long the phone is unlocked or from at&t
    I bough a razr $20 on ebay & canceled my data plan , i use my ipad now
  8. Che Castro macrumors 603

    May 21, 2009
    Cant he get an out of warranty used phone from apple for $150 ? Why would he pay $300
  9. shyam09 macrumors 68020


    Oct 31, 2010
    jailbreak it and install siri as evidence, lol

Share This Page