cant download apps the last few days on ios8 with iphone 6

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sicilianonj, Sep 23, 2014.

1. sicilianonj macrumors newbie

I noticed today anytime i try to download an app on the phone the icon just keeps going around in a circle and never downloads...also for the last 3 days there have been absolutely no updates to any of my apps and thats hard to believe considering the iphone 6 just came out as did ios8.....I tried to hard reset the phone and it did nothing to fix this....any ideas?

2. chanoh macrumors newbie

Sorry, it's not a solution, but I'm with you. Only syncing with iTunes can update the apps on iPhone 6.

Any suggestion?

3. weskarl macrumors newbie

I too had this issue, new iPhone 6 Plus. My original fix was to hit they grayed app so it would start its install process again, hold it down so it wiggles then you can finally delete it. I would then connect to iTunes, update the app on there and drag it to the phone... very cumbersome.

My current fix was to do a back up on the phone, then plug it into my computer and do a full restore in iTunes. This re-installs iOS 8 on the phone. I haven't been able to re-create the issue yet, but on the 4 apps I have updated since I have not had any problems. Worth a shot. Good luck!

4. beedobear macrumors newbie

Having the same issue with my iPad Mini Retina. :(