iPad mini Can't erase movies off mini, researched heavily online, nothing works

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rajpatel, Dec 25, 2013.

1. rajpatel macrumors regular

Under usage, it says video no data.

It also won't let me do the swipe thing. I googled it and did everything they said. Nothing works.

2. identity macrumors 6502

3. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

This syncing crap and being unable to erase movies is such crap. Nothing simple about it. I have 70 songs and a few movies I can't erase. This is a good reason to return something

4. brent1977 macrumors regular

Are these in the native Music and Videos apps? Or are they in a different app?

5. saytheenay macrumors member

Using iTunes?

If you are using iTunes and syncing to it, connect the device and click it when it shows up in iTunes.

Then, put a check in Manually Manage Movies and Music. This will wipe out all of both on the device and then you can copy content from iTunes to the device and/or delete content from the device.

6. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

You don't see an Edit button in the upper right hand corner of your videos? If you do, click that and an "X" will appear next to each video. Hit the X, and that will delete the video. Music yup have to do through iTunes, or swipe each track from right to left to delete. After you've deleted all the tracks, the album will disappear.

Once that is all done, do the manually manage music and videos as described above. Only the videos and music you check on iTunes will sync with your iPad after that. YouTube videos can help quite a bit. ;)

P.S. I attached a pic of the Edit option your screen should have. Click it, X's appear next to each video, tap the X and they're history. "Done" will appear where the "Edit" option is, so tap that when you're done.

Attached Files:

7. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not getting the edit button. Also, I don't have a laptop, won't have one and don't want one and refuse to use one. I also have a bitter memory of what a nightmare it was to set up the piece of crap called a shuffle. Only loaded half of my hundred songs and that too, at random. Didn't even let me choose. Oh and all this two about three days of trial and error with that overly complicated crap,software

8. runormal macrumors newbie

runormal

Are they rented movies? My mini did this exact thing several months ago with a few iTunes movie rentals - had to plug it into a computer with iTunes to fix it. Or maybe you can try a reset?

9. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Is there a cloud symbol with an arrow by the movies?

If so, you need to go to settings, iTunes & App Store, and turn Music and Movies off.

10. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

Tried turning that stuff off in in tunes. No luck. I'm not plugging it into a computer. Don't have one. Not getting one. My Verizon bill was very high last three months. I am turning off my tethering and quitting the internet again. And I will probably return the mini over this today. I just watch a couple of movies if even that per month., I never finish them. No interest in watching others live .

11. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

From beginning when I bought ipad 4 in feb, there was an issue with videos. Life of pi simply wouldn't download right. After wks, it seems it started working. For a long time it was fine. I had this problem before though, but it seemed to work out. Maybe becuz I had a hp laptop till march. Now both the iPads are saying there is no video content and also refusing to download new video. Which sucks and is totally unacceptable. So I am now definitely exchanging the mini for the air and then probably selling my 4.

12. enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

Wait. You're gonna get an Ipad Air when you cant even afford food? What would your father say about that?

13. Capt T macrumors 6502a

If you did not use a laptop to add the movies to the iPad....then what did you do to get the movies on the iPad? Direct from the store? From an email?

If from the store are you sure it even downloaded on to the iPad? Is there a cloud symbol in the lower right of the movie artwork? If so then it is not on your iPad, it is in the cloud.

14. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

I think we need more info to help. Mainly how did you buy/transfer the media you are unable to delete... Screenshots?

15. caubeck macrumors 6502

16. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

Did a total wipe of my 4 and that fixed it. Kinda like Vietnam.....we had to burn down the village to save it.

That would have worked with mini too, but didn't occur to me or I didn't know how.

----------

Yeah I see now where identity said restore the mini. Should've googled restore ipad like I did today but oh well. I like the air better anyway. And I am getting tons of calls bout my 4. It's been on Craig's list since 8 pm last nite

17. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Were these videos and songs you purchased from iTunes? I'm guessing there were videos from icloud on your account. These were not videos/songs that were physically on the device, but were available to stream from icloud. There was likely a little cloud symbol in the lower right corner.