Can't find an app that'll monitor program bandwidth for the life of me...Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vegeta-san, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

So Im gettin some bandwidth usage on my Mac even tho Im not downloading ANYTHING, and Id like a program or widget that tells me which program on my Mac is using the most bandwidth and the like....I dont want a TOTAL network usage statistic....Please tell me theres somethin out there that can do this!

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

wow this sounds fun to write as a program (don't count on me to write it, just sounds fun)

if your looking at activity monitor, it also including random I'm checking up on the network. it's always sending out/ receiving data.

is it a lot of data?

3. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, it maxes out my bandwidth and then dies out after a minute...

4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

hmm weird, could you post samples of what you might see. When you say it maxes it out, does the graph go to the top? cause then its just the graph going from very little to a little. are we talking a couple of kilobytes/bits or is it megabytes/bits?

You could try "little snitch" but it costs money. it shows everything that tries to access the intertubes.

5. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

My max speed thru DSL is about 55 kb/sec, and thats what it spikes to and holds constant at for a while sometimes....That's how I am judgin it as "maxing out"....Also, i have Little Snitch, but going into System Preferences and clicking it, I dont see where exactly it says what program is donwloading the most....It only shows what programs Ive given internet access to...

6. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Please tell me one of you know of a program that can help!