Can't get HS to install fresh copy

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by airplaneb777, Feb 16, 2018.

1. airplaneb777 macrumors newbie

Bought a new MB Pro and ran the migration assistant which had an error and did not transfer any info, it ran a file utility and told me to run the assistant again. It appeared to migrate everything over on the second try, I got to looking and a bunch of files did not come over so I was afraid to go with it so I erased the hard drive and was wanting to install HS as a fresh copy to start over and now I cannot get HS to install, I start the MB up with Command and Option down to get the menu to install, it goes out to download and then finishes with an error and says to try again which I have at least 10 times, anyone have this situation that there is a fix for? Thanks!

2. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Create a bootable USB flashdrive version of the installer.
    Then... boot and re-install from that.

Do you have any way to boot the computer other than internet recovery right now?
    If not, do you have another Mac you could use?

If none of the above works, take it to a brick-n-mortar Apple Store genius bar and ask them to reinstall the OS.

3. airplaneb777 thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded the installer to a USB drive but can't get it to install from that either. I have a Genius bar appointment on Sunday but was hoping to save myself the trip.

4. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

5. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

.Use Command R (not Command Option) to boot into Recovery.
    Open Disk Utility and erase your internal drive.
    Quit Disk Utility
    Select to reinstall macOS