can't get iTunes song to fit iMovie clip

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AeroBar, Jan 11, 2010.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I've imported an iTunes bought song into an iMovie '09 project .

The track is 4 minutes 31 seconds.
    I only want 1 minutes 1 second of it in my clip and I do not want the first 40 seconds of the song. I've placed the audio tracks playhead at the point I want it to start, but I cannot remove the first 40 seconds. It just mixs in with the audio of the preceding clip.

How do I edit an iTunes song in iMovie?

Cheers

2. jclaydon macrumors member

Need to select 'clip trimmer' (or something along those lines) from the songs settings, then just drag the start and end sections - same as you would do for a video clip.

3. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

hi,

thanks for responding, but that doesn't work.

cheers.

4. jclaydon macrumors member

Hmm should do. Have you got the song as background or as an added voice track (the song details will show as a thin purple (?) line along the top of the video clips in the project area). I always have it as an added voice track as find it easier to then edit the track.

5. Macbook Newbie macrumors newbie

I've also been trying to find an answer to this in imovies 09'. I recently purchased a new macbook pro 13" 2.4 and would like make an imovie slideshow for my wife. I have yet to see a solution that allows you to take a 4 minute song and only have 2 minutes of it play during a specific string of slides and then fade out. I don't need to "clip" the song (as in cut the first few seconds out,) I need to shorten the song so that it only plays during those certain slides. :mad:

6. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

7. Macbook Newbie macrumors newbie

Nevermind

I figured it out. I was dragging the song onto the blank space surrounding my video clips. I finally figured out that I needed to be dragging the song and dropping it onto the actual movie clip itself. This is what give you the green bar with the triangles below the movie clips. Now I can drag the ends of the song to shorten it.

8. Ice Cream Man macrumors member

Ice Cream Man

That is certainly one way to do it, though it can accessed without doing that, glad it works for you.