Can't get passed login

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by matt@onechurch, Apr 18, 2018.

1. matt@onechurch, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018

matt@onechurch macrumors newbie

I just purchased a 15" mbp on Sat. Picked up a lacie rugged drive and after installing the desktop manager, restarting, and now when I try to login it the computer freezes at about 3/4 progress of the progress bar. I have tried to boot into safe mode and nothing. Any help out there?

EDIT to add: I tried booting into recovery mode, but it says the hard drive is enrypted, however I never encrypted the drive or set-up a password. It locks me out and can not even re-install high sierra.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 18, 2018 ---
    Not sure how to delete this. After getting out of recovery mode and telling it to boot from the hard drive it let me log in. I navigated to filevault and noticed it had been turned on and was encrypting the drive (had several hours before being done). I guess I have to wait for it to complete before I turn it back off? I do not want to use it and am not sure how it got turned on in the first place.

2. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

I’m pretty sure you can remove the thread by clicking the report button and asking for it to be removed.

3. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

This has always worked for me in the past...