Can't get rid of Cooliris in iTunes or MacBook Air

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SFStateStudent, Oct 26, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm sick and tired of this piece of crap app that totally crashes my Safari on 3G iPhone and my MacBook Air. A trip to the Apple Store...:mad: AppleCare said they couldn't help; I'll post my results.:mad:

2. mekohler macrumors member

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

4. amlweems macrumors newbie

I couldn't get rid of Cooliris either. Every time I tried to sync my iPhone, it tried to transfer Cooliris to my computer and then gave an error.
    I ended up having to restore.

It's not really Apple's fault though.

5. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Do you think it might be Apple's fault for not ensuring that an approved app wouldn't crash Safari or that it couldn't be removed from iTunes or your computer?:confused:

6. amlweems macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure the app isn't making Safari crash, I don't know about removing it though. That part is weird.

7. deriko100 macrumors 6502

8. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It's gonna' be pretty difficult to get screenshots of my iPhone crashing, so please understand if I'm unable to show pics. Until it happens to you, I'm hoping you'll take my word for it, that it does in fact crash.

I've attached a screenshot of the prompt that will not allow me to delete this app:

Attached Files:

9. amlweems macrumors newbie

I know Safari crashes, I just meant that Cooliris isn't making it crash.
    The Safari crashes ARE Apple's fault.

I found a bunch of people who are having the same problem, so I guess it could be Apple's fault after all. My bad. :D

10. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The iPhone definitely crashes while running Cooliris, and I continue to get the prompt screen that I posted above. I'm running Safari 4 Beta and my iPhone is experiencing 10-15X crashes a day. Every time I attempt to delete Cooliris app the iPhone crashes, and it remains in my iTunes and MBA. Apple Store said they were not sure why it continues to be a problem, and they would get back to me. :(