Can't get rid of upgrade process

catwatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2019
Hi,

My appstore is trying to download an upgrade for an application (KeyNote), that is no longer there. I deleted it, because I didn't need it, while the upgrader was seemingly stuck with one minute to complete forever.

Now I still can't get rid of the upgrading process. Appstore is still trying to upgrade and I can see the bar under LaunchPad meaning it's trying to process something.

Any ideas?

Thanks
[doublepost=1554569132][/doublepost]
Hi,

My appstore is trying to download an upgrade for an application (KeyNote), that is no longer there. I deleted it, because I didn't need it, while the upgrader was seemingly stuck with one minute to complete forever.

Now I still can't get rid of the upgrading process. Appstore is still trying to upgrade and I can see the bar under LaunchPad meaning it's trying to process something.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Resolved

Brian33

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
I'll bet that's annoying! If you're comfortable with Terminal commands, you might try using the 'softwareupdate' command to ignore that update. I don't know if it will work or not, though. Type 'man softwareupdate' in Terminal.app for all the details, but it looks like you'd do 'softwareupdate --list' to figure out the update's "identifier", then use 'sudo softwareupdate --ignore xxxxxxx' to ignore it.

Note that the man page says: "The identifier is the first part of the item name (before the dash and version number) that is shown by --list. See EXAMPLES."

===== oops, didn't notice it was resolved ==============

jbarley

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks
[doublepost=1554569132][/doublepost]
Resolved
Anyone can edit the title of a thread they started to mark it "Resolved"
in the original opening post, click on the little gear icon, top-right of the page.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 7.32.06 AM.png

flowrider

macrumors 603
Nov 23, 2012
Also, IMHO, when a member comes on here and wants help with a problem, he expects folks to help him. I assume he also knows how to use the search function to help him find others who had the same issue and what they did to resolve it. Now this guy comes here, states a problem, then comes back and says resolved. What did he do to fix the issue? He wanted others to help him, but he does not care to help others who may have the same issue 1387914497.gif

Sorta like this guy:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/please-help.2177383/

Lou