Can't get to home screen from phone favorites??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ramparts, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ramparts macrumors regular

I got my 3G a month ago, and a couple of times (most recently this afternoon) I've had an issue where, after pressing the home button twice and going to phone favorites, I can't get back to the home screen by pressing the home button (to be specific - sometimes when I try to get to the home screen, the first press of the button doesn't work, so I press it again and it goes to phone favorites, and then I can't get out). The only solution I've found is to restart the phone (incidentally, instead of giving me the "slide to turn off screen", the phone screen goes completely white and I have to hold home and lock together until it restarts).

I've tried everything I can think of - calling people then trying, getting out of the phone favorites by opening a text and then trying - but nothing except restarting works. Any ideas? Is this a common problem?

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Just a bug, happens here every once in a while. Restarting is the only way around it. (home + lock for 10 secs)