Can't get to the Xfinity (Comcast) Wi-Fi hotspot login page on the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TB07-NJ, Aug 16, 2010.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I have use of free xFinity wi-fi hotspots all over my area however I am unable to connect to them on my iPhone 4.

Before I got my iPhone 4 I had an android device. When i loaded the browser I would get right to an Xfininty hotspot login page. My iPhone 4 is not getting me to the xfinity login page.

Now, I KNOW I am connected to their hotspot because my iPhone 4 shows , under the Xfinity Wi-Fi that I am getting an IP, Gateway, DNS etc for xfinity but the phone still says 3G. If I turn off DATA (through sbsettings) I still have the Xfinity getting an IP but the browser won't load (no data message).

Do I need to do something special so the Xfinity hotspot gives me connectivity to log in? Never had a problem with my MyTouch 3G but the iPhone 4 just won't get me to the xfinity login page.

Edit: Just to clarify. I am unable to even get the Xfinity login page on my iPhone 4 browser using their hot-spots. Theuser/pswd entry isn't the problem, the problem is I don't get that page to login.

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Does it seem like it is attempting to load it at all? I wonder if it is something on that page that won't load correctly for Safari or another issue all together.

I dislike Comcast with a passion, everything they do (from what I have seen) is done poorly.

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

It makes no attempt to even load the page. If I knew what the URL was I would try it manually. Worked fine on my Android phone.

4. Lmftmf macrumors newbie

Lmftmf

Wifi

All u have to do is disable auto login in ur wifi settings it works on ipod touch and iphone