Can't Get Visual Voicemail Back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RDowson, Jun 29, 2012.

1. RDowson macrumors regular

RDowson

Hey

I recently was using a Three sim in my iPhone, which doesn't support visual voicemail. When I went back to the O2 sim I can't get visual voicemail back.

I've tried everything. Reset network settings, restored and set up the phone as a new phone, called O2 to make sure everything was ok at their end.

It's still not working. It just dials the voicemail number instead of showing me the messages on screen.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

2. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

When I restore I have the same problem for a couple hours. It usually just comes back when it feels like, at least for me haha

3. RDowson thread starter macrumors regular

RDowson

I'll leave it alone for a few hours then and see what it does. Do you need to send yourself a new voicemail or anything to force it through or does it just do it itself?

4. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

You may need to reset the voicemail password in order to get it to spring back into action. That's about all I
    can think of

5. RDowson thread starter macrumors regular

RDowson

I tried that. Unfortunately, when I did that I forgot what the current one was so I locked myself out of voicemail. O2 reset it to the default for me and I was then prompted to change it when I called up.

I suppose I could try changing it again.

6. TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

I also had the same problem when I recently used a T-Mobile sim to test my unlock status with AT&T. When I put the AT&T sim back in, it took a while for my iMessage and Facetime to verify my AT&T number and I had to put in my Voicemail pin to get my voicemail back....

7. RDowson thread starter macrumors regular

RDowson

When I tap on voicemail from the Phone app it just dials the voicemail number.

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

You are on an O2 Pay Monthly Tariff designed for iPhone right?

Have you tried a network settings reset?

9. RDowson thread starter macrumors regular

RDowson

Yes and yes.

I have also tried erasing all content and settings.

If I was to restore using iTunes instead would this be different? If I could reinstall iOS rather than just reset it it might fix it.

10. RDowson thread starter macrumors regular

RDowson

Thats me done a completely clean install and it's still not working!

When I tap on Voicemail in the Phone app it just calls 901 (the O2 voicemail number).

Does this mean it is a network issue after all?

11. TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

It took a while for my phone to recognize the number (not sure if it was the carrier). I did many things, not sure what fixed it. I turned Facetime off and back on, iMessage off and back on. Eventually, somewhere it popped up and asked me for my voicemail pin number. After entering that, eventually visual voicemail came back for me. Good luck mate!

12. RDowson thread starter macrumors regular

RDowson

Got it working!

I'm not sure what I did to fix it as I tried so many things. I think I turned off the phone, waited a few mins, turned it on without a sim card in it, once it was on I inserted the sim and it worked.