Can't hear calls neither people can hear me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wowzera, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Hello,

After a drop that eventually broke my front glass screen all calls I receive or make people can't hear me and neither I can hear them.
    The Phone app starts with the Speaker turned on sometimes... others it crashes (when pressing the Cancel button).

I thought the problem was in the speakers, but both of them still works (when using the Voice Memo I can test them).

What may be the problem?

2. Breezygirl macrumors regular

Breezygirl

What iPhone do you have? The 4 seems to have a well known problem of speaker not working on calls but working fine with voice memos. You can do a search on google and lots of hits will come up.

3. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have the iPhone 4. This problem started after my iPhone hit the floor, so I think it's a hardware issue. I don't have any Apple Genius near me (I'm brazilian).

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You think?
    It is a hardware issue.
    You broke the screen and maybe damaged something else internally.

5. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, that's why I am asking if anyone had a similar issue and how/if it has been solved.

6. SurferMan macrumors 65816

If you need to replace the screen, it's fairly easy to do, just search and you can find instructions online like ifixit and even videos on youtube to get an idea. Same for the speaker, no telling what could have happened. I would start by replacing the speaker assembly and go from there. I generally have ordered parts from Ebay for very cheap vs ifixit and others.