Can't import CDs or downloads

alexmac712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
FL
I have iTunes 11.1.3 and all of a sudden, I can't download any music or even import a CD. What happened??:confused:

alexmac712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
FL
I may have figured it out. I unchecked "send files to iTunes media folder" and everything works. Very odd, though.

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
I may have figured it out. I unchecked "send files to iTunes media folder" and everything works. Very odd, though.
You haven't fixed the problem though, you fixed a symptom. Go into iTunes Preferences and check where your iTunes media folder is.

Your description isn't very clear. You said you "can't download any music". Well, that wouldn't have anything to do with iTunes, would it? Did you actually mean you _can't download music_, or did you mean _you can't add music to your iTunes library after it is downloaded_?

And what do you mean by "download"? Music purchased from the iTunes Store? Music purchased from Amazon? Music downloaded from illegal sources?

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY
You haven't fixed the problem though, you fixed a symptom. Go into iTunes Preferences and check where your iTunes media folder is.

Your description isn't very clear. You said you "can't download any music". Well, that wouldn't have anything to do with iTunes, would it? Did you actually mean you _can't download music_, or did you mean _you can't add music to your iTunes library after it is downloaded_?

And what do you mean by "download"? Music purchased from the iTunes Store? Music purchased from Amazon? Music downloaded from illegal sources?
Agreed! Need more clarification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.