Can't leave voicemail message if phone not answered.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gazzastag, Nov 13, 2009.

1. gazzastag macrumors newbie

Hello, just received my new IPHONE and love it. Only problem I have is that when people ring me and I dont answer they do not go through to my voicemail box. It just rings and rings. I have checked my voicemail and it says my greeting is set but nobody can leave a message. I've looked on the phone for settings but can't find any.

PLEASE HELP...........

Its on Orange by the way.

Many thanks
    Gary

2. icewing macrumors 6502

Try going into the voicemail screen, tap the Greeting button - if Custom is selected, what happens if you click the Play button? Have you tried to re-record your greeting? What happens if you switch it to the Default greeting and try to call it?

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

While you can set the amount of time a phone rings before it goes to voicemail with some phones and carriers, ultimately your voicemail settings are managed by your carrier. You need to contact Orange to find out why incoming calls are not routed to your voicemail box - this is something for your carrier to address and is not the fault of your iPhone.