can't listen to music from the cloud in my Car (USB hookup)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i hate phones, Nov 23, 2011.

1. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

i drive a civic that has a usb hookup for my iphone, my car only recognizes songs that are stored on my device and won't play anything in the cloud. i get a splash screen that renders my ipod controls useless, but even if i unplug it and start playing a song from the cloud and then plug it back in it stops playing when normally it would just transfer whatever its playing to my car speakers... kind of an itunes match deal breaker for me as i listen to music in my car a lot and if i have to have everything on my phone to begin with that kind of defeats the purpose. anyone else have this problem or have a fix?

i'm hoping that when the 4s is jailbroken it will work when i can get rid of the splash screen. otherwise i'll just switch back to syncing to itunes.

2. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

True, but iCloud and match are not music streaming services.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I think we're going to see a lot more issues like this with iTunes Match. I can't even access my iCloud music from a music playing app right on my iPhone. It shows all my music as DRM'd, even though the vast majority of it is not.

4. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm aware of that, and i plan on having most of my music on my phone, but one of the features is the ability to have all of your music available in case you decide you want to listen to something that isn't stored on your phone. with my car being one of my primary places i listen to my music, it still defeats its purpose. its mostly annoying right now because my library on my phone was wiped when i turned on itunes match, and i haven't gotten to downloading everything yet. but i heard its not supposed to wipe your device, so i might just try synching to itunes and then turning on match again. not sure why mine wiped my library...

so if i get new music on my computer (not through itunes) and add it to playlists i expect it to get downloaded to my phone as i listen to it but i'll never get that chance since my car won't recognize it. now i have to manually go in and remember to download everything before hand.