Can't login after updating to Mojave

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by nicnic344, Jan 18, 2019.

1. nicnic344 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I updated my MacBook Air (Early 2015) from High Sierra to the latest Mojave OS the other day and have encountered this issue ever since.

Once the update installed and the computer restarted it didn't recognise my login anymore. I have attached a few images of the screen that is coming up every time I turn on the computer. When I type in my password it doesn't recognise it and it won't let me reset it or do anything else. It's like my user has been deleted and this alternate one has been created. I can't get past any of these screens. I've tried to reset my password, use my current password etc.

I've tried to boot the system in recovery mode as well but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know how to fix this problem.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Riwam macrumors 6502a

Riwam

Sorry for your troubles.
    Do you have a way to get back to High Sierra like a TimeMachine or a bootable clone drive of your previous MacOS?
    At least you could use again your machine.
    Ed

3. nicnic344 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything like that.

I don't even have any idea how I can actually just bypass that screen so I can boot my computer properly again.

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68020

CoastalOR

It seems like you have a failure with a Mojave install that resulted in a corrupted System configuration since you can not even enter Recovery (command+r).

Since you do not have a Time Machine backup, a bootable clone, or USB installer, then there are only a few options that I can think of:
    1. Internet Recovery
    2. Take it to an Apple Store or Service Provider for assistance.
    3. Purchase a bootable USB macOS installer from eBay.

Do you have another Mac you can use to help recover?

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan