Cant order 5s from Apple because of address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patri10719, Sep 23, 2013.

1. patri10719 macrumors newbie

I tried to order a 5s today to upgrade my wife's 4 that she has. Her phone is ready for the upgrade, however when I go to the shipping information my address is red on phase 2, Shipping Information. I can not modify my address at all. The billing address and the shipping address has to be exactly the same. One time I was able to get pass this and from what I can see is that my address has 1 too many characters in it.

I live in a condo with a long street address and with my unit number on one line it comes up to 31 characters. I called Apple and they said I have to call ATT. They said to tell ATT to put my unit number on a second line. Apple says they do this because of security concerns, which I totally get. I called ATT and tried to modify my address but ATT does a reverse look up on the address using USPS and puts everything on one line. Of course the ATT reps are useless. I even tried to change the address on ATT.com with no luck.

I do not want to order my phone from ATT because who knows how long it will take. Of course I tried to order off the apple app with same issue. Any one have this problem?

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Would you be willing to do an in store pick up?

3. aussi16 macrumors newbie

Similar issues with my billing address! My area is all P.O. boxes...what I did was change my billing address to my work address for the time being. Once my phone ships...I'll be changing my address back on the ATT website back to the P.O. box. This actually works to my advantage because it means someone will be there to sign for the phone when it arrives!