Cant play videos or songs when i connect external sound card

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by NoyVision, Feb 26, 2015.

1. NoyVision macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

this problem started a week ago -+, before, everything worked perfectly.
    but in the last week, i can watch video's on youtube or hear songs on Rdio then pause them connect the card and then when i press Play it shows a loading sign til i disconnect the card. just cant hear or watch online videos/songs. its even happend on Itunes.
    hope you know somthing about that, just say for more information.

- OSX Yesomite 10.10.2
    - the card connect with USB cable

thank
    Noy

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2014

2. Woochoo, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

Woochoo macrumors 6502

Which audio card is it? Did you download the lastest drivers? Did you update the audio card firmware? Some weird stuff (random reboots & kernel panics) happened to me with the audio card and Yosemite until I updated its firmware. Now it works rock solid. Do you have any other internal audio devices installed (like Boom, Soundflower, etc)?
    And a "stupid question" but: did you configure the audio to use the audio card as the system output? Sometimes the simpliest thing...

3. NoyVision thread starter macrumors newbie

-LEXICON ALPHA
    -there is no drivers for mac (it should just work)
    -how can i update the sound firmware?

4. Woochoo macrumors 6502

As it seems (doing a lil of research) you're right, there's no drivers for Mac (nor firmware updates) of Lexicon Alpha (a bit weird because all the rest of Lexicon sound cards have mac drivers). Despite that, in their official page they say that Alpha doesn't need drivers. You should contact Lexicon in their main page to see if they can provide a solution. It might be some compatibility problem with Yosemite. As I said before, I also had problems using my Roland Octa-Capture with Yosemite until I upgraded drivers & firmware, so Yosemite (despite being similar to Mavericks in the core) can mess up audio devices.